JQH HONORS SIX HOTELS IN SIX STATES AT HOSPITALITY COMPANY’S ANNUAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION CELEBRATION
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. & CONCORD, N.C. – June 6, 2017 – With a focus on built to be the best, John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts (JQH) recently held the company’s Annual Hotel Awards and Recognition celebration to honor top performers within the company’s national portfolio spanning approximately 8,500 guestrooms/suites. JQH’s Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Concord Golf Resort & Spa in North Carolina hosted this year’s festivities, where honors were awarded to six JQH hotels representing multiple brands in six states. Numerous JQH hotel associates not in attendance in person also had the opportunity to participate in the special awards event via real-time videoconferencing. Springfield, Missouri-based JQH is a leading private, independent owner and manager of hotels in the United States, including operating more than 1 million square feet of superb meeting space.
Six 2016 JQH honors were awarded to the following:
- General Manager of the Year: Lynnie Green-Scheibeler of the Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa in Arizona was recognized for exhibiting the JQH entrepreneurial spirit and for nurturing a “can-do” culture with team members at the 320-room/suite, luxury hotel. Green-Scheibeler has successfully overseen management of the Renaissance Phoenix Glendale for more than 10 years. She has been with JQH for 21 years, including serving as general manager of hotels spanning the diverse JQH portfolio.
- Full Service Hotel of the Year: Embassy Suites by Hilton Loveland Hotel, Conference Center & Spa in Colorado was honored for the 263-suite, upscale hotel’s strategic approach to a changing market and for excelling at “Taking Care of Our Guest” and the community. Tom Dwyer, a 36-year veteran with JQH, serves as general manager of the hotel, which opened in 2009 and has been a top 10 ranked Embassy Suites by Hilton each year since 2010, including being recognized as No. 1 and receiving the brand’s coveted Connie Award in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Dwyer was honored by Embassy Suites by Hilton as the recipient of the 2015 General Manager of the Year award.
- Select Service Hotel of the Year: Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Airport in North Charleston, South Carolina, received accolades for the 150-suite hotel achieving outstanding results and exceeding established goals. James Wells, the hotel’s general manager, has been with JQH for 15 years. Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Airport was Opening Hotel of the Year (2004) and also recognized as a Green Hotel (2015 and 2016).
- Making a Difference Team of the Year: Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis – St. Charles in Missouri was highlighted for the impressive charitable giving of time, money and in-kind donations of the hotel’s team members. JQH 16-year veteran Tim Lewin serves as general manager of the 296-suite property. Lewin leads one of the highest levels of participation in the JQH national philanthropic partnership with Convoy of Hope, which has a focus on feeding the world’s hungry children and tackling system poverty in the United States and globally.
- Turnaround Team of the Year: Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South Cool Springs in Franklin, Tennessee, was recognized for the hotel’s excelling in a difficult market. With 28 years of hospitality experience, Brian Sims returned to JQH in 2016 to serve as general manager of the 250-suite property, bringing with him his award-winning reputation as a hotel leader.
- Sales Team of the Year: Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Concord Golf Resort & Spa in North Carolina was acknowledged for the 308-suite hotel’s exceeding prior year’s total revenue by nearly $1 million, among other performance highlights. Nancy Obstler, the hotel’s general manager since 2015, has been with JQH for 17 years. She also served as director of sales for the upscale property for many years, during which time the hotel received numerous performance-based honors.
“Congratulations to all our JQH award winners! We are blessed to be surrounded by highly talented individuals at our various properties nationwide, as we focus on keeping a happy guest at the center of all we do,” said Joe Morrissey, JQH’s senior vice president of operations. “Creative thinking, initiative, heart and collaboration are strategic threads that run through the fabric of the JQH hotel portfolio and are exhibited by our award winners.”
About John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts
Springfield, Missouri-based John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts (JQH) is a leading private, independent owner and manager of hotels in the United States, representing brands such as: Marriott, Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Sheraton, IHG, Chateau on the Lake Resort / Spa & Convention Center, and Plaza Hotels Collection. With a portfolio of 35 hotels representing approximately 8,500 guest rooms/suites in 16 states, JQH’s properties are dominant in their markets. Founded on the extraordinary vision of John Q. Hammons and built on his continued legacy of excellence spanning more than 50 years, JQH has become one of the most recognized and award-winning companies in the hospitality industry. Built to be the best, JQH continues to set the standard in hospitality management and hotel development. Go to www.jqhhotels.com for more information, or connect with JQH on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.