LARGEST GATHERING OF VIETNAM VETERANS TO MEET IN LA VISTA, NEBRASKA ON APRIL 30 – MAY 1 FOR VISIT TO VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
- The event includes largest organized Vietnam Veterans contingent from any U.S. state to visit Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- More than 650 Vietnam Veterans to gather at JQH’s Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha – La Vista Hotel & Conference Center in Nebraska to participate in Vietnam Veterans Flight – 2017: “The Final Mission.”
- Omaha, Nebraska-based non-profit Patriotic Productions has organized four planes and hundreds of volunteers to help ensure veterans from Nebraska have a memorable experience visiting Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- From April 30 to May 1, 2017, various activities are slated for Vietnam Veterans and their families, including pre-flight dinner and program at hotel; Vietnam Veterans Memorial visit in Washington, D.C. with wreath presentation; local Home Front tour with wives; and welcome home celebration with thousands of greeters at Lincoln Airport.
- More than 650 Vietnam Veterans* from Nebraska, hundreds of their wives and family members, and hundreds of volunteers
*Fifty of the 652 Vietnam Veteran participants were awarded Purple Hearts, 10 received Distinguished Flying Cross, and 37 percent were exposed to Agent Orange. (Source: Patriotic Productions/Veteran DD-214s)
- Thousands of welcoming greeters at Lincoln Airport in Nebraska for Vietnam Veterans’ celebratory return arrival
- JQH’s Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha – La Vista Hotel & Conference Center, serving as pre-flight host site for veterans and their families
- Patriotic Productions, a non-profit coordinating veteran flights, volunteers and related event activities
- Sunday, April 30, 2017**
5:00 – 7:00 p.m. CDT: Pre-flight program and dinner at hotel is scheduled for 652 Vietnam Veterans and their family members.
- Monday, May 1, 2017**
4:00 a.m. CDT: Vietnam Veterans and volunteers’ departure is slated from Omaha Airport for Washington, D.C. day trip.
9:00 a.m. – 10 p.m. CDT: Veterans’ wives and families to participate in local Nebraska Home Front touring activities.
10:15 a.m. EDT: Wreath presentation to take place at apex of Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. with expected dignitaries to include Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, U.S. Senator for Nebraska Deb Fischer, and Nebraska Congressmen. (Note: Approximate time at Vietnam Veterans Memorial: 8:30 a.m. – Noon EDT)
Approximately 9:00 p.m. CDT: Welcome home celebration with thousands of greeters at Lincoln Airport is scheduled for Vietnam Veterans’ return flight from Washington, D.C.
**Events are open to members of the media with select events requiring advance security clearance at airport, if desiring preferred access for arrival celebration.
- Pre-flight program and dinner: JQH’s Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha – La Vista Hotel & Conference Center, 12520 Westport Parkway, La Vista, NE 68128
- Wreath presentation with Vietnam Veterans and dignitaries: Apex at Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Welcome home celebration: Lincoln Airport, 2400 W. Adams St., Lincoln, NE 68524
JQH’s Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha – La Vista Hotel & Conference Center features 50,000 square feet of versatile convention space. Each spacious two-room hotel suite includes a separate living room with a sofa bed and two TVs. Guests can enjoy internet access, a large desk with ergonomic chair, a mini-refrigerator, and a microwave. The contemporary 257-suite hotel features a modern fitness center and heated indoor pool with whirlpool. Guests can start their day with a free made-to-order breakfast. A nightly two-hour reception with complimentary drinks and snacks is offered in the hotel’s open-air atrium. The La Vista Nines offers delicious European cuisine, and Caffeina’s Marketplace Café is available for fresh sandwiches, wraps and salads. The hotel can be reached at (402) 331-7400 or visit www.omahalavista.embassysuites.com or www.facebook.com/EmbassySuitesLaVista. Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha – La Vista is operated by Springfield, Missouri-based John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts (JQH), a leading private, independent owner and manager of hotels in the United States, including operating more than 1 million square feet of superb meeting space.
ABOUT PATRIOT PRODUCTIONS
Bill and Evonne Williams of Omaha founded award-winning Patriotic Productions as a non-profit to support their desire to honor the U.S. military and to share that opportunity with others who wish to do the same. Go to www.patrioticproductions.org to support veterans initiatives, including Veteran Flights and the “Remembering Our Fallen” traveling photo memorial recognizing the Fallen who have died in The War on Terror since September 11, 2001.